|Chuck roast/Rump pot roast||4 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In Dutch oven slowly heat oil.
2. In it, brown meat well on all sides—about 15 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine soy sauce 2 cups water, cinnamon stick, anise seeds and sugar.
4. Pour over meat and simmer, covered, 3 hours until meat is tender.
5. After 2 hours, add sherry and remove meat to heated platter.
6. Reserve 2-1/2 cups liquid in Dutch oven discard rest and bring to boil.
7. In small bowl, make a smooth mixture of cornstarch and 1/2 cup water.
8. Stir into boiling liquid in Dutch oven and simmer, stirring, until thickened and translucent.
9. Serve over beef.