NEW ENGLAND BOILED DINNER
|Corned beef brisket||5 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Whole black peppercorns||10|
|Yellow onions||8 Medium|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wipe corned beef with damp paper towels.
2. In a large kettle, take cold water.
3. Add garlic, cloves, black peppercorns and bay leaves.
4. Bring it to a boil. Reduce flame. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Skim surface. Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
6. Add carrots, potatoes and onions during the last 25 minutes.
7. Add cabbage during the last 20 minutes.
8. Cook till the vegetables are tender.
9. To serve new England boiled dinner, slice corned beef thinly across the grain.
10. Arrange it on one side of the serving platter.
11. Place cabbage wedges beside meat.
12. Brush potatoes with butter and place it in the serving dish. Sprinkle parsley over it.
13. Arrange carrots and onions in another dish. Pass Mustard Sauce.