Beef And Broccoli With Soy Sesame Sauce
|Boneless steak||375 Gram, cut into thin strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Broccoli flowerets||375 Milliliter|
|Beef broth||125 Milliliter|
|Soy sauce||15 Milliliter|
|Sesame seeds||30 Milliliter, toasted|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, blend the cornstarch with broth, sherry, and soy sauce until it forms a smooth paste. Keep aside.
2. In an 8-inch microwaveable square dish, pour the oil.
3. In the microwave, heat the oil for 2 minutes at High.
4. Blend in the beef, garlic and ginger.
5. In the microwave, cook for 4-5 minutes at High, stirring twice.
6. Next, add the broccoli.
7. In the microwave, cover with a plastic wrap and cook for 4-6 minutes at High, until the broccoli is crisp tender.
8. Add the broth mixture to this.
9. In the microwave, cook again for 3-4 minutes at High, till the sauce is thickened, stirring once.
10. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg9.8%
Sodium 275.6 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 97.5%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet