|Oxtails||2 , cut at joints|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato juice/Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Onions||8 Small, peeled|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, diced|
|Cooked noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, sear the oxtails in the butter or margarine, until brown.
2) Sprinkle with the salt and paprika to taste.
3) Stir in the boiling tomato juice or beef broth, then
allow the mixture to cool.
4) In a slow cooker, add the oxtail mixture, then stir in the onions, celery and carrots.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
6) When cooked, skim off the excess fat.
7) Serve immediately over cooked noodles on individual serving plates.
Calories 1239 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.1%
Saturated Fat 23.9 g119.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.9 mg129.6%
Sodium 810.7 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 101 g202.5%
Vitamin A 76.2% Vitamin C 69.6%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet