Brisket Pot Roast
|Beef brisket||7 Pound|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
To prepare vegetables :
2. Slice onions very thin
3. Pare carrots and cut them and celery in 1-inch pieces.
4. Peel tomato and cut it in chunks.
5. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and place in large skillet.
6. Brown meat on fat side only over high heat.
7. When meat is well browned, remove from skillet and place in roasting pan or large Dutch oven.
8. Add onions to skillet and saute until golden.
9. Spoon onions over meat and surround meat with prepared vegetables.
10. Add 1 cup water and roast, covered, 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
11. Remove roast to serving platter and keep warm while preparing gravy.
To Make gravy:
12. Strain pan juices to remove vegetables.
13. Press vegetables through food mill.
14. Skim fat from pan juices.
15. Add vegetables to pan juices and heat thoroughly.
16. Serve passing the gravy along with roast.