Beef Patties With Sweet And Sour Sauce
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained and finely chopped (1 Can)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Canned sliced pineapple||9 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tomato||1 Large, cut into 4 slices|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (For Sauce)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (3/4 Cup Uncooked)|
1) Take a large bowl and mix together ground beef, chopped water chestnuts, egg, and 4 teaspoons soy sauce in it with a fork.
2) Half the mixture and then figure one half into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
3) With two thirds of remaining mixture make 4 medium-size patties and shape 4 small patties with the rest.
4) Arrange the 12 patties closely on rack in broiler pan and broil for 4 minutes as per manufacturer's directions.
5) Turn the patties and keep pineapple and tomato slices beside meat.
6) Apply 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine on the patties and season tomatoes with salt and pepper.
7) Broil for 4 minutes more for medium until meat is cooked to desired doneness.
8) In a small saucepan, mix together cornstarch, molasses, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and water.
9) Boil the mixture for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
10) Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, lemon juice, and green onions.
11) To assemble, take 4 serving plates; pour rice and top each with a pineapple slice.
12) Place a large meat patty on top and then cover with a tomato slice, medium-size patty, cucumber slice, and small meat patty.
13) Pour over some of the sauce.
14) Serve at once, garnishing each with a kumquat "flower", with the sauce handed separately.
To help cooking the 12 patties in the same time, make them of even thickness.