Beef In Beer
|Steak||2 1⁄2 Pound (Round, Rump Or Chuck, 1 Inch Thick)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Light beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), made with a cube|
1) Prepare beef cubes, in 1 1/2 inches square dimension.
2) Season the cubes with liberal quantity of salt and pepper.
3) In a skillet, add oil to heat up.
4) Place the cubes in hot oil to brown all the sides evenly.
5) In an ovenproof casserole, transfer the meat.
6) In the frying pan, add butter and sauté the onions gently until soft and translucent.
7) Sprinkle flour on top of the onions and combine together.
8) Add this to the casserole.
9) Pour in beer and just enough light beef stock (or water, if no stock is available) to cover the meat.
10) Place the casserole lid and allow simmering over low heat for around 2 hours. Alternatively, place inside a slow oven (275°F) for about 2 hours or until the beef turns soft. Occasionally test - whether the liquid is only simmering and not bubbling.
11) Serve on a warm plate by adding extra seasoning, if required. Add mashed potatoes or boiled noodles or boiled rice with the preparation.