Best Beef Goulash
|Cubed beef||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix||1 3⁄8 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Canned whole mushrooms||3 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a 3-quart casserole dish, put together beef, 1 cup water, onion soup mix, mushrooms, paprika and caraway.
2. Cover the dish.
3. Cook on high for 14 to 15 minutes.
4. Then, cook on Low for 55 to 60 minutes until beef is tender; stir twice.
5. Blend corn starch with remaining water and stir in the beef.
6. Heat uncovered on Low for 3 minutes until the gravy thickens.
7. Immediately serve in a bowl.
Calories 1080 Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.4%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.3 mg93.8%
Sodium 1817.5 mg75.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 97 g194.2%
Vitamin A 158.3% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 72.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet