Pot Au Feu
|Onions||3 Medium, peeled|
|Chopped parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled, chopped|
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, chopped|
|Canned beef broth||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Boneless beef roast/Rump/pot roast||2 Pound|
|Boneless beef rump roast/Boneless beef pot roast||2 Pound|
|Pork tenderloin/Small pork chops||1 Pound|
|Chicken breasts/Chicken thighs||2 , halved|
|Seasonings||To Taste (As Preferred)|
|Seasoning||To Taste (Use As Preferred)|
1) Pierce a clove in each of the 3 onions.
2) In a crock pot, place the clove-studded onions with parsnips, celery, garlic and beef broth.
3) Trim off the excess fat on the beef pork and chicken and place over the vegetables.
4) Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and seasonings to taste.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 12 to 18 hours or on HIGH for 8 hours.
6) Remove the meat and vegetables from the crock pot and slice the meat into serving size pieces.
7) Skim off the fat from the broth in the crock pot, and discard the clove-studded onions.
8) Place the meats in the center of a serving platter, surround with the vegetables and serve with a bowl of the broth.