No Beef Steaks
|Brown sugar||80 Milliliter|
|Ground ginger||5 Milliliter|
|Garlic powder||3 Milliliter|
|Vegetable broth||250 Milliliter|
|Low sodium soya sauce||80 Milliliter|
|Low sodium soy sauce||80 Milliliter|
|Dry mustard||5 Milliliter|
|Firm tofu||450 Gram|
1) Slice tofu into 8 pieces.
2) In a mixing bowl, allow sugar, ginger and garlic to be dissolved in vegetable broth and soya sauce and then stir in mustard.
3) Marinate tofu in this mixture and then refrigerate, covered for 1 1/2 hours.
4) Into a sauce pan, scrape off the excess marinade and bring it to a boil.
5) Combine cornstarch with sherry.
6) Mix this with sauce to thicken it by simmering.
7) Brush tofu many times with the marinade, while broiling per side for 3 minutes.
8) Serve immediately.