|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ripe olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large skillet, melt butter and then add theonion and green pepper and cook until onion is tender, but not brown.
2. Pour in the ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and chili powder and sauté on gentle heat. Brown beef, breaking up into pieces with a fork.
3. In another bowl, combine molasses and prepared mustard and pour in the Worcestershire sauce.
4. Pour this mixture into the beef mixture with tomatoes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to the boil
5. Add rice and then cover; reduce heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
6. Serve hot
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.7%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.1 mg21.4%
Sodium 628.9 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet