|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Pizza sauce||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Leaf oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Sliced provolone cheese||6 Ounce, cut into strips (1 Package)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Frankfurter rolls||6 , split, toasted|
1) In a medium-size bowl, mix together ground beef, 1/3 cup of the pizza sauce, salt, pepper, and oregano until well-blended.
2) Make 6 even mounds from the mixture and then figure each mound into a 6-inch round on a wax paper or foil.
3) Cover one half of each with cheese strips, dividing uniformly.
4) Fold up the other half of round to cover cheese completely and then figure into an oval about 6 inches long to fit frankfurter rolls.
5) Take a large frying pan; heat vegetable oil in it and brown the rolls.
6) Drain all fat from pan.
7) Spoon the remaining pizza sauce over meat and then simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
8) In each frankfurter roll, keep a meat roll.
9) Remove any fat from remaining sauce in pan.
10) Serve the sandwiches at once with the sauce handed over separately.