|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Bottle)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Boneless beef chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1-inch cubes|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Pound (4 Medium Sized)|
|Currant jelly/Grape jelly||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind/Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked noodles||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a 2 to 2 ½ quart casserole, tip in the beer and stir in the onion and seasonings.
2. Add the beef to this marinade and mix well until coated.
3. Cover the casserole and place in the refrigerator overnight for 24 hours, stirring occasionally to keep the meat covered with the marinade.
4. Remove from the oven 20 minutes before cooking time.
5. Preheat the oven to 300°F
6. Place covered casserole in the preheated oven and allow the meat to stew for 1 ½ hours without uncovering.
7. Add the carrots and continue cooking for another 1 hour until the meat and carrots are fork tender.
8. Just before serving, in a bowl, combine the flour, jelly, peel and lemon juice, adding a little water to make a paste.
9. Stir this into the stew, cover and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent lumping.
10. When the stew thickens and begins to simmer it is ready to be served.
11. Serve the stew hot, over rice or noodles.