Beef and Peppers
|Sirloin steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Inch Thick)|
|Boiling water||200 Milliliter|
|Green pepper||4 Cup (64 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Onions||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Green onions||5 , sliced (With Their Tops)|
|Monosodium glutamate||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crystallized ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Canned)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. To make beef easier to slice store in freezing compartment until partially frozen.
2. Slice into 1/8-inch slivers, thaw completely at room temperature.
3. Pour just enough boiling water over green- pepper rings to cover.
4. Let it stand for about 3 minutes and then rinse in cold water.
5. In a large skillet heat oil and cook adding green-pepper rings, onion slices, salt, garlic and green onions stirring over high heat for 3 minutes.
6. Then add beef slivers and cook, stirring and over high heat for 2 minutes.
7. Add monosodium glutamate, sugar, pepper, sherry and ginger and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
8. Add broth and bring mixture to boiling point.
9. In small bowl, combine cornstarch, soy sauce and 3/4 cup water.
10. Stir into skillet and cook stirring until sauce is thickened and translucent.
11. Serve with hot rice.