Planked Beef Dinner
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, halved crosswise|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Slice)|
|Frozen whole green beans||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Grated mild cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared instant mashed potatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Follow label directions to cook green beans and keep hot, draining well.
2) Combine ground beef with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and figure into a 7x5 inch rectangle.
3) Into each side of meat, pack pepper and keep on rack in broiler pan.
4) Broil for 10 minutes, keeping the meat 4 to 5 inches away from the source of heat.
5) Toss and again broil for 4 minutes more and transfer to a large ovenproof platter.
6) In the meantime, add salt lightly to tomato halves.
7) In a small bowl, mix together butter or margarine with Worcestershire sauce and mustard and then mix in bread crumbs.
8) Layer the tomato halves with this mixture, dividing evenly.
9) Mix cheese with mashed potatoes.
10) At each end of platter next to meat, arrange 2 tomato halves and pour potato mixture surrounding edge in a border.
11) Broil again for about 5 minutes, keeping the platter 5 inches away from the source of heat, until potatoes and topping on tomatoes are golden.
12) On a board, place the platter and then keep the green beans close to meat.
13) Serve hot.