|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (3 Bread Slices)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, finely chop onion.
2. Take a 1 quart saucepan, melt butter.
3. Add onion and saute to soft.
4. Add flour and stir well.
5. Mix in milk and stirring continuously, on medium to high heat, cook to thicken the mixture.
6. Take off from heat. Mix in filling along with salt.
7. Take a pie pan or a shallow dish, spread the mixture and allow to chill for about 2 hours.
8. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, crumb bread.
9. Transfer breads crumbs to wax paper sheets.
10. Take a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, add eggs with water. Pulse for 1 to 2 seconds to mix well. Keep aside in the bowl.
11. Take out the chilled mixture and divide equally into 8 portions.
12. With a spoon, drop each portion on the crumbs and roll.
13. Using hands, make into the shape of sausages or cones.
14. Dip in egg mixture to coat evenly.
15. Roll in the crumbs.
16. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to overnight.
17. Take an electric deep fryer or a heavy large saucepan.
18. Add oil and heat to 375°F.
19. Add croquettes and deep fry for 2 or 3 minutes to allow to turn golden brown.
20. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and drain well.
21. Serve warm beside sauce.