Rolled Shoulder Medley
|Rolled boneless beef shoulder roast||4 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cubic Centimeter|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White onions||1 Pound (Peeled)|
|California brussels sprouts||20 Ounce, frozen|
1) Spread flour on a flat plate and roll roast in, until coated evenly.
2) In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and brown the roast on all sides for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning as required.
3) Stir in the seasonings, bouillon, 1 cup water and wine.
4) Put the lid on tightly and simmer, turning occasionally for about 3 hours or until meat is tender.
5) Stir in carrots and onions to roast, cook for 25 minutes longer.
6) Add Brussels sprouts and cook for about 15 minutes.
7) Remove the roast using perforated ladle and place in center of large heated serving platter; surround with vegetables, keep warm.
8) Simmer the pan drippings until reduced and thick; remove bay leaf.
9) Using a ladle, skim off the fat from surface of gravy.
10) Spoon some gravy over the roast and vegetables; serve remaining gravy in bowl, if desired.