Stuffed Chateaubriand Roast
|Beef tenderloin||4 Pound|
|Chablis||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Slit the beef lengthwise to make pocket.
3) In a bowl, place the beef and stream Chablis over it.
4) Cover the bowl and leave the beef aside for at least 12 hours.
5) In a saucepan, melt butter along with brandy, thyme, bay leaf, onion and mushrooms.
6) Reduce the heat and simmer until liquid is reduce by half.
7) Stuff the mushroom mixture in the beef pockets.
8) Using thread tie or pierce skewer to secure the opening together.
9) Place the beef in roasting pan.
10) Bake the beef in the oven uncovered for 45 minutes or until to desired degree of doneness.
11) Remove the pan from oven and cut slice of about ½ inch.
12) Serve hot with béarnaise sauce, garnish with watercress, if desired.