Beef and Spinach Gratin
|Lean minced beef||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Pinch|
|Dried basil||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Spinach||8 Ounce, washed and shredded (225 Gram)|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Ounce, grated (15 Gram)|
|Oregano sprig||1 (For Garnish)|
|Onion rings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) In a non-stick pan, saute the minced beef and onion for a while.
2) Stir in the tomato puree, water, herbs, salt and pepper to the pan and allow to the boil; stir in the spinach and simmer for further 2-3 min until the spinach shrinks; pour the mixture to an ovenproof dish.
3) Blend the egg yolk, yogurt and cheese and pour evenly over the beef.
4) Cook in a preheated oven for 25 min until browned.
5) Garnish with onion rings and oregano sprig and serve immediately.
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 155.6 mg51.9%
Sodium 404.1 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 220.1% Vitamin C 67.1%
Calcium 27% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet