Gingery Beef Strips
|Beef flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Steak, 1 To 1 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated gingerroot||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chinese pea pods||3 Ounce|
|Fresh bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Slice the flank steak thinly diagonally across the grain.
2) In a slow cooker, add the steak, condensed broth, soy sauce, gingerroot, onions and garlic; cook covered on LOW for about 5-6 hrs or until the steak is tender.
3) Dissolve the cornstarch in water and stir into the slow cooker; cook covered on HIGH for about 10-15 min or until thick.
4) Stir in the pea pods and the bean sprouts during the last 5 min.
5) Serve immediately over the cooked rice on a nice dish.