Down Home Beef Hash
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Lean ground turkey||8 Ounce|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and cubed|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Take a large broiler-safe skillet and heat over medium flame. Add beef, turkey and sauté for about 7 minutes or until the meat releases the juice and turn pink in color.
2. Remove the skillet from the heat and pass the meat through a sieve. Let the excess meat fat drain.
3. In the meantime, take a skillet and heat some oil. Add garlic, onions, celery and carrots.
4. Sauté the vegetables for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Put the meat in the skillet.
5. Add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in the skillet. Bring it to boil.
6. Simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates and the vegetables turn soft.
7. Heat a broiler and boil the potatoes in a pan of water. Cook until soft. Remove from the heat and drain the potatoes well.
8. In the skillet, add the potatoes, parsley and gently toss along with the meat mixture.
9. Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until browned on top.
10. Serve hot immediately in a serving dish.