Frizzled Beef and Potato Scallop
|Dried beef||6 Ounce|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Seasoning salt||To Taste|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, sliced|
|Thin onion slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded american cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Finely slice the beef and immerse it in boiling water for about 5 mintues.
3. Drain the beef and dry it on the absorbent paper.
4. Take a skillet and fry the shortening until it becomes lightly browned.
5. Take out the beef from pan and fold in flour with remaining drippings.
6. Put milk very gradually and stir over low heat until it gets smooth and thick, and simultaneously add seasonings.
7. Take a 3-quart greased casserole and arrange beef, onions, potatoes, cheese, and celery in alternate layers over it such that the cheese layer comes on the top.
8. Spoon the sauce over the layers.
9. Bake in oven for about an hour at 350° F until potatoes turn soft and cheese gets browned.
10. Serve as required.