Frizzled Beef and Potato Scallop
|Dried beef||6 Ounce|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Seasoning salt||To Taste|
|Potatoes||6 Medium, sliced|
|Thin onion slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded american cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Finely slice the beef and immerse it in boiling water for about 5 mintues.
3. Drain the beef and dry it on the absorbent paper.
4. Take a skillet and fry the shortening until it becomes lightly browned.
5. Take out the beef from pan and fold in flour with remaining drippings.
6. Put milk very gradually and stir over low heat until it gets smooth and thick, and simultaneously add seasonings.
7. Take a 3-quart greased casserole and arrange beef, onions, potatoes, cheese, and celery in alternate layers over it such that the cheese layer comes on the top.
8. Spoon the sauce over the layers.
9. Bake in oven for about an hour at 350° F until potatoes turn soft and cheese gets browned.
10. Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2754 Calories from Fat 1086
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.7%
Saturated Fat 51.2 g256.2%
Trans Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 312 mg104%
Sodium 7443.6 mg310.1%
Total Carbohydrates 284 g94.5%
Dietary Fiber 27 g107.9%
Sugars 55.4 g
Protein 150 g300.2%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 361.1%
Calcium 235% Iron 89.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet