Standing Rib Roast Of Beef
|Standing rib roast of beef||8 Pound (3 Rib)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Set out shallow roasting pan with rack.
2. Wipe beef with a clean, damp cloth.
Place roast on rack in roasting pan, fat side up.
3. Sprinkle with a mixture of salt and pepper.
4. Insert roast meat thermometer in center of thickest part of lean; be sure bulb does not rest on bone or in fat.
5. Roast at 300°F to 325°F, allowing 23 to 25 min. per pound for rare; 27 to 30 min. per pound for medium; and 32 to 35 min. per pound for well done. Roast is also done when roast meat thermometer registers 140°F for rare; 160°F for medium, 170°F for well done.
6. Use meat dripping for gravy. Serve with Yorkshire Pudding. Garnish with water cress.