Curried Beef Balls
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), skinned|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground fennel||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lean minced beef||1 Pound (Raw)|
|Bread||4 Ounce, soaked in 1/4 pint milk|
|Onion||1 , skinned and chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Beaten egg||1 (For Coating)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For curry sauce|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Turmeric||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Desiccated coconut||1 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
1) With a pestle, pound ginger-garlic, cloves, fennel, pepper and cinnamon together.
2) Squeeze the bread from the milk.
3) Add the pounded spices with beef and combine with onion, bread, egg and salt.
4) Divide the beef mixture into 14 balls and coat in beaten egg.
5) Roll the balls in breadcrumbs and keep in refrigerator.
6) In a pan, fry the onion in oil until transparent and add garlic along with ginger, curry powder and turmeric.
7) Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
8) Stir in coconut and milk and cook gently untill sauce is creamy.
9) Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
10) In a deep pan, heat the oil fry the beef balls until golden brown.
11) Add beef balls to the sauce.
12) Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
13) Sharpen the sauce by adding lemon juice.
14) Reheat while serving and sprinkle parsley if desired.
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 188.1 mg62.7%
Sodium 740.3 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 34 g67%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet