Royal Beef Ribs
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Liquid smoke||3 Drop|
|Short ribs||5 Pound|
1) In a saucepan, mix together all ingredients except ribs and stir well.
2) Heat the vinegar mixture and bring to a boil.
3) Lower the heat; simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Remove the bay leaf.
5) Dredge the ribs with salt and place, the rib bone side down, on the grill away from coals.
6) Place the dampened hickory chips to the coals.
7) Grill the ribs for 3 hours.
8) While cooking baste the ribs several times with vinegar sauce.
9) Allow to cook the ribs for 30 minutes more, basting frequently.
10) Remove the ribs from the grill.
11) Serve the ribs hot and garnish with scallions if desired.