Cranberry Pot Roast
|Beef roast||4 Pound (pot blade or arm)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. Melt fat in a Dutch oven.
2. Have beef pot roast ready.
3. Brown meat slowly on all sides in fat.
4. Meanwhile, wash, sort and cook together cranberries and 1 cup water in a saucepan until skins pop.
5. Season browned meat with a mixture of salt and pepper.
6. Pour cranberries over meat and add 1/4 cup water and whole cloves.
7. Cover tightly and cook slowly over low heat about 3 hrs. Add more water during cooking period if necessary. Liquid surrounding meat should at all times be simmering, not boiling.
8. When meat is tender, remove from liquid and keep warm. Strain liquid and return it to Dutch oven. Set over medium heat. Stir in sugar.
9. Put 1/2 cup water into 1-pt. screw-top jar.
10. Sprinkle all-purpose flour onto it.
11. Cover tightly and shake until mixture is well blended. Gradually stir into liquid in Dutch oven. Bring rapidly to boiling, stirring constantly until thickened. Cook 3 to 5 min. Serve as a gravy with pot roast.