Oven Baked Bourguignonne
|Boneless beef chuck||2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and chopped (reserve liquid) (1 Can)|
|Beefy onion soup mix envelope||1 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package, Medium Or Broad)|
1) Cook noodles as per the directions.
2) Keep them warm.
3) Preheat oven to the temperature of 400 degrees C.
4) Toss the beef chuck into flour.
5) Blend the onion soup mix with reserved tomato liquid and wine.
6) Take a 2-quart casserole and place the beef chuck into it.
7) In preheated oven, bake the beef without covering for 20 minutes.
8) Combine with beef, the carrots, tomatoes, bay leaf and onion soup mix.
9) Cover the casserole and bake for further 1 1/2 hours or until beef is fully done.
10) Stir in mushrooms and cook for additional 10 minutes with cover.
13) Remove and discard the bay leaf.
14) Serve the baked beef on top of the cooked noodles.