Breakfast Corned Beef Hash
|Cooked corned beef||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Boiled potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter/Beef drippings||6 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream/Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) With a knife chop meat finely.
2) Stir in potatoes and onion to the meat and then sprinkle nutmeg and freshly grinded black pepper.
3) Mix well everything and refrigerate overnight.
4) In a skillet melt butter of beef drippings so that it can cover the bottom of the skillet.
5) Stir in the hash and press down so that the hash forms a crust at the bottom.
6) With a spatula turn the crust so that it comes to the top.
7) You may consider to add cream or boiling water that will help to form the crust more quickly.
8) With a spatula loosen the crust and fold it once.
9) Serve with poached egg and chili sauce.
Do not use a meat grinder to chop the meat.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1766 Calories from Fat 1208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 138 g211.8%
Saturated Fat 84.1 g420.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.4 mg161.1%
Sodium 1864.8 mg77.7%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.3%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 58 g115.8%
Vitamin A 80.9% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 112.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet