Spicy Beef And Turkey Tacos
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground turkey||8 Ounce|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Sweet pepper||1 , coarsely chopped (Red Or Green)|
|Chili powder/To taste||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Iceberg lettuce||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Shredded cheese/Low fat cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat a Dutch oven on high flame. Put in some beef and turkey. Saute for about 7 minutes or till the meat turns pink and release juice.
2. Remove the meat from heat and pass the meat through sieve to set in bowl. Drain the meat.
3. In the meantime, heat the oil in the Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic and saute for just about 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
4. Add sweet pepper and chili powder. Cook for 5 minutes or till it turns soft. Return the meat to the pan.
5. Heat the oven as per the directions on the taco shell package.
6. In a pan, add tomatoes, salt, and pepper and bring it to boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes or until the stew is rich.
7. Put the taco shells on a baking sheet and bake as per the package directions.
8. Divide the meat mixture between the taco shells. Sprinkle the lettuce and cheese on top the top of the taco shell.