Beef and Mushroom Casserole
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Stew beef||4 Pound|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce|
|Dry red wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Canned mushroom||8 Ounce|
|Egg noodle bows||8 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
1. Preheat the oven
2. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain
3. Combine flour and salt. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Dredge beef cubes with flour mixture. Brown in oil in Dutch oven over medium heat.
4. Add garlic, tomato paste, wine, 3 cups of water, thyme and bay leaves; cover.
5. Simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaves; stir in mushrooms.
6. Combine noodles and beef mixture; pour into two 12 x 8-inch baking dishes. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover; border with cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes longer.
7. Serve hot