Red Flannel Hash
|Corned beef||4 Pound, boiled|
|Onion||1 Medium, finley diced|
|Baked potatoes||6 Medium, diced|
|Fat||1 Tablespoon (From Corned Beef)|
|Beets||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
2. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, heat the fat from the corned beef.
3. Add the onion and brown.
4. Add the corned beef and the potatoes and sauté until lightly browned.
Place the casserole in a preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Add diced red beets and season to taste.
5. In a large skillet, melt a little butter on a medium high flame or in the oven
6. Transfer the mixture into the pan and lightly mash with the back of the spoon to make an omelette.
7. When the bottom is nicely browned, dot the top with melted butter.
8. Transfer the pan under a broiler and brown the top.
9. Serve the hash hot with banana or peach fritters or with eggs.