|Dried black beans||1 Pound|
|Cold water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Warm water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Warm water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Smoked beef/Pork tongue||1 Small|
|Loin pork||1⁄2 Pound (In One Piece)|
|Smoked sausage||1 Pound|
|Ham||4 Ounce, cubed|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, diced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Crushed dried red chili peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the beans well.
2) In a large pot, add the beans, 6 cups cold water, allow to boil for 2 min; cover and allow to stand for 1/2 hr, drain well.
3) Add 6 cups warm water to the pot and simmer covered for 1/2 hr,
4) Add 5 cups warm water to the pot with the tongue, simmer covered for 1 hr; add the pork loin, smoked sausage and ham,
simmer covered for 1/2 hr.
5) Remove the tongue, skin the tongue and return it to the pot; remove 1 cup beans and mash them, return the beans to the pot.
6) Add the onion, garlic, tomato, parsley and crushed chili peppers, add warm water if required and simmer for 40 min.
7) Serve the beans in a soup tureen with the steamed rice and steamed swiss chard.
alongwith the hot chili pepper sauce and a plate of orange slices.