|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound (Or Minced, Not Too Lean, 450 Grams)|
|Chili powder||40 Gram (1 1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Paprika||10 Gram (2 Teaspoon)|
|Ground cumin||10 Gram (2 Teaspoon)|
|Tomato ketchup||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tomato paste||30 Gram (2 Tablespoon)|
|Canned tomatoes||15 Ounce, seeded (1 Can Or 425 Grams)|
|Beer||12 Fluid Ounce (1 1/2 Cups Or 350 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||5 Gram (1 Teaspoon)|
|Salt||5 Gram (1 Teaspoon)|
1) Heat oil in a wok and add onions and garlic. Fry till soft.
2) Stir in beef and cook in high heat till it changes colour.
3) To the meat, add the spices, ketchup, tomato puree, tomatoes and beer.
4) Stir the ingredients on simmering heat and cook uncovered for an hour.
5) Blend in salt and sugar and cook. Stir occasionally and keep cooking for a further hour.
6) Adjust seasoning and serve.
7) Firehouse Chilli goes well with noodles. serve as desired.
Chilli tastes great if eaten a day after it's cooked. Just keep in mind to pour some water while reheating it to avoid burning.
Calories 623 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 876.9 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 102.9% Vitamin C 46.7%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet