|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Puffed rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Put vanilla and vinegar in it.
4. Sieve flour, salt and soda together at put in the creamed mixture.
5. Mix properly.
6. Allow the dough to refrigerate for 2 hours after covering.
7. Make the dates in two pieces by cutting cross wise.
8. Take the date half and put the dough in a ball shape surrounding it.
9. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
10. Coat the balls with whisked egg by dipping and then soon after roll in puffed rice.
11. Take an ungreased baking sheet, place the balls on it and bake for 18 minutes.
12. Serve in a dish.