Baked Spare Ribs
|Beef spare ribs||4 Pound|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Organic seasoning/Seasoned salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Unsulphured molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Papaya juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Use a large roasting pan
3. Arrange the ribs in the pan.
4. In a work bowl, combine sugar, mustard, garlic and salt with tomato paste, molasses and papaya juice. Stir to mix well.
5. Generously pour the sauce over the ribs in the roasting pan.
6. Roast the ribs in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
7. Turn the ribs after 30 minutes and baste with the pan juices and sauce.
8. Decrease the oven temperature to 250°F and continue to roast for another 2 hours, turning the ribs occasionally and spooning sauce from pan over ribs.
9. Serve ribs with roast potatoes and char grilled vegetables.
Calories 1922 Calories from Fat 693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.8%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 535.2 mg178.4%
Sodium 887.6 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.5%
Sugars 83.5 g
Protein 193 g385.7%
Vitamin A 86.5% Vitamin C 109.1%
Calcium 28% Iron 167%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet