Corned Beef Hotpot with Runner Beans
|Corned beef||1 1⁄4 Kilogram, thickly sliced|
|Onions||2 , finely sliced|
|Thyme sprigs||8 , leaves picked|
|Waxy potatoes||1 1⁄4 Kilogram, thinly sliced (Such As Cara And Charlotte)|
|Chicken stock||225 Milliliter|
|Runner beans||300 Gram, trimmed and cut into 6 centimeter diagonal pieces|
|Shallots||2 , finely sliced|
|Chopped parsley||5 Tablespoon (Flat Leaf)|
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas.
2) Butter a 2-litre ovenproof dish or lidded casserole.
3) Place a layer of the corned beef at the bottom. Season gently with the salt and black pepper, then place the layers of onions, thyme and potatoes. Repeat the layers and the seasoning to finish with the potatoes on top, then pour the stock and dot with rest of the butter.
4) Cover and cook in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are just tender. Uncover and cook for further 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown .
5) In a pan boil the salted water, add the beans and rapidly boil for 3-4 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
6) In a frying pan, saute the shallots in the melted butter until soft. Stir in the beans and saute for further 1 minute. Then stir in the parsley and the seasoning and coat well.
7) Spoon the corned beef in warmed serving plates and serve with the beans on the side.