Beef Roast Dijon
|Beef chuck pot roast||3 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Remove the extra fat from the meat.
2. Season the roast with celery salt, lemon pepper seasoning and garlic powder and apply it well with the finger tips.
3. Take a Dutch oven, heat oil and brown the seasoned roast.
4. Put 11/2 cups water, wine, onion, tomato sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in the oven and cook for 2-21/2 hours after covering.
5. Once done, take the roast out on warm serving plate.
6. Put the juices of the skillet in a large glass measure.
7. Remove the fat.
8. Take 11/2 cup juice and put it in the Dutch oven.
9. Mix flour with cold water and put in the oven.
10. Cook on medium high flame until thick.
11. Serve the gravy with roast.