New England Boiled Dinner
|Corned beef||3 Pound|
|Turnip||6 Medium (Whole)|
|Whole onions||6 Medium|
|Potatoes||4 , quartered|
|Whole carrots||6 Medium|
|Cabbage||1 , cut into wedges|
1) In a kettle, place meat and brine.
2) Cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
3) Cover tightly and simmer 3 hours or until tender and most of the water has evaporated.
4) Add the turnips and onions, just one hour before serving time.
5) After cooking for 15 minutes, add the potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
6) Sprinkle pepper on top, cover with a lid and cook for another 45 minutes.
7) Serve warm in dinner with fresh bread rolls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3511 Calories from Fat 1114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.9%
Saturated Fat 49.1 g245.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 660 mg220%
Sodium 2255.9 mg94%
Total Carbohydrates 398 g132.7%
Dietary Fiber 74.6 g298.2%
Sugars 119.8 g
Protein 226 g452.3%
Vitamin A 1233.4% Vitamin C 1012.4%
Calcium 92.1% Iron 80.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet