New England Boiled Dinner
|Corned beef||3 Pound|
|Turnip||6 Medium (Whole)|
|Whole onions||6 Medium|
|Potatoes||4 , quartered|
|Whole carrots||6 Medium|
|Cabbage||1 , cut into wedges|
1) In a kettle, place meat and brine.
2) Cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
3) Cover tightly and simmer 3 hours or until tender and most of the water has evaporated.
4) Add the turnips and onions, just one hour before serving time.
5) After cooking for 15 minutes, add the potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
6) Sprinkle pepper on top, cover with a lid and cook for another 45 minutes.
7) Serve warm in dinner with fresh bread rolls.