Gourmet Rolled Fillet Of Beef
|Beef fillet||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Consomme||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), undiluted|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Celery leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a frying pan and heat olive oil in it.
2) Add onions, garlic and celery to it and let it turn light brown in color before adding the consommé and red wine to it.
3) Turn on the flame and boil for about 5 minutes until the liquid is reduced to two thirds.
4) Add the bay leaf and celery leaves along with the salt and pepper.
5) Take a deep dish and place a layer the thinly sliced beef along with the hot gravy topping until the entire beef and gravy are exhausted.
6) Cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator for 5-6 days or at least 24 hours.
7) Serve by rolling up the slices of the beef sprinkled with minced parsley with each roll being held in place with the aid of a cocktail stick.