Marinated Rump Roast
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Boneless rump roast||4 Pound|
1. Use a meat tenderizing tool or a long pronged fork to prick the meat all over and on both sides.
2. In a shallow large dish, combine all the other ingredients for the marinade.
3. Coat the beef well on both sides in the marinade, rubbing it well.
4. Cover the dish with cling film
5. Place in the refrigerator, overnight.
6. Occasionally turn the meat to keep it coated in the marinade.
7. Preheat the oven to 325°F
8. Remove meat from the refrigerator, 20 minutes before cooking time.
9. Drain and reserve marinade.
10. Place the meat on a rack placed in a roasting pan.
11. Insert a meat thermometer if you have one.
12. Roast the beef in the preheated oven for 2 to 2 ¼ hours.
13. Baste the meat with the marinade during last 30 minutes of cooking
14. When meat is cooked to desired doneness, remove pan from oven and rest meat.
15. Strain the reserved marinade into a saucepan.
16. Pour the liquid from the pan into the marinade or add 2 tablespoons of water.
17. Heat on a medium flame and reduce to gravy.
18. Slice the meat using a steak knife at the table or slice and arrange on a platter.
19. Pour the gravy over the meat slices.
20. Pour the remaining gravy into a sauce boat and pass at the table.
21. Serve roast with roast vegetables and potato mash
22. Accompany with a robust red wine of your choice.
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.7 mg48.9%
Sodium 2983.1 mg124.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 62 g123.1%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet