Curried Beef Rib Roast
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1 , crumbled|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Boned rolled beef rib roast||5 Pound|
1. Prepare spit roast or the oven to roast the beef.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the spices with 1 tablespoon water to make a paste. Keep aside until required.
3. In a saucepan, combine 3/4 cup water, rice, sherry, and bouillon.
4. Bring to a boil over a medium flame.
5. Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 15 minutes till rice is tender.
6. When cooled allow it to cool slightly.
7. Unroll roast and rub prepared spice paste on both sides.
8. Spread rice in an even layer on unrolled surface.
9. Re-roll roast and tie with butchers twine or kitchen thread.
10. Arrange on a spit roast or in roasting pan.
11. Roast for about 3 hours until the meat is tender.
12. Check using a meat thermometer. It should read 145° for medium-rare or 165° for well done.
13. When cooked, rest meat for 15 minutes.
14. Untwine the thread.
15. Slice roast using a carving or steak knife.
16. Arrange slices on a platter.
17. Serve with roast gravy if you like.