Beef Short Ribs And Cabbage With Herbs
|Short ribs||3 Pound, cut in servings|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
1. In a large oven proof casserole or Dutch oven, heat fat.
2. When the fat is hot, add flour ribs and brown well on all sides, sautéing for 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the cabbage and sauté ribs till onion is soft and transparent.
5. Cover the casserole with a tight fitting lid and simmer the ribs for 1 to 1 ½ hours till the met is almost tender.
6. Finally add cabbage slices and mix. Cover and cook for 20 minutes till the cabbage is soft.
7. Transfer the ribs on a platter and pour the sauce with cabbage over them
8. Serve hot with rice.