Beef Short Ribs And Cabbage With Herbs
|Short ribs||3 Pound, cut in servings|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
1. In a large oven proof casserole or Dutch oven, heat fat.
2. When the fat is hot, add flour ribs and brown well on all sides, sautéing for 5 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the cabbage and sauté ribs till onion is soft and transparent.
5. Cover the casserole with a tight fitting lid and simmer the ribs for 1 to 1 ½ hours till the met is almost tender.
6. Finally add cabbage slices and mix. Cover and cook for 20 minutes till the cabbage is soft.
7. Transfer the ribs on a platter and pour the sauce with cabbage over them
8. Serve hot with rice.
Calories 712 Calories from Fat 590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g100.9%
Saturated Fat 28 g139.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.4 mg44.1%
Sodium 818.8 mg34.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet