Corned Beef And Cabbage
|Corned beef||4 Pound|
|Onion||1 (Stuck With Whole Cloves)|
|Whole cloves||1 (Stuck With Onion)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
1) Take a sauce pan, put in the meat, cover it with cold water and bring it to a boil.
2) Simmer the meat over a medium flame for 10 minutes before draining off the water.
3) Bring it to a boil once again after covering it with fresh cold water and adding parsley, bay leaf, onion, garlic and celery to it.
4) Cover the pan and simmer it over low heat until the meat becomes tender or for a duration of 3-4 hours.
5) The cabbage, cut into six wedges needs to be added 30-40 minutes prior to the end of the cooking process.
6) Take bowl rubbed with garlic and place the hot meat in it in order to cool it down.
7) Press the meat down after covering it with waxed paper and weighing it down with a plate.
8) Serve it hot with boiled potatoes and mustard after slicing it thinly.
9) Potato salad and mustard can accompany the dish when it is served cold.