Seared Beef with Wild Mushrooms and Balsamic
|Beef fillet pieces||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||1 , bruised (Use The Rosemary Leaves)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed wild mushroom||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Beef stock||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter, Good Quality)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon (For Serving)|
1. In a large shallow dish, rub the beef with 1teaspoon of oil, rosemary and garlic.
2. Cover the dish with cling film and place it in the refrigerator to marinate the beef for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
3. Remove the beef from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
4. Preheat the oven 180 degree C or 350 degree F.
5. Remove the rosemary spring and garlic clove from the beef and season it with salt and pepper.
6. Heat a roasting pan over a high flame.
7. When the pan it hot, place the beef fillet in the pan and sear on all sides until evenly browned.
8. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and roast the beef for 10 minutes for a medium-rare steak or 15 minutes for a well done steak.
9. Remove the pan from the oven and leave the steak to rest for 15 minutes in the pan.
10. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and remaining oil over a medium flame.
11. Sauté the mushrooms until golden and remove them into a bowl using a slotted spoon.
12. Into the same skillet, pour the stock and the juices from the roasting pan and simmer until the liquid reduces by two-thirds.
13. Stir in the mushrooms, balsamic and the remaining butter to form thick rich gravy.
14. Using a steak knife, slice the beef and arrange the slices on a warm patter or on individual dinner plates.
15. Ladle the rich gravy to glaze the beef. Pass the remaining gravy at the table in a sauce boat.
16. Accompany the beef with mashed potatoes and a green salad with a glass of your favorite red wine.
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.4 mg18.1%
Sodium 110.6 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet