1. Lay the beef on a working surface and season with coarse black pepper.
2. Leave it for an hour to absorb the pepper and lessen the salt inside the meat.
3. Prepare the outdoor charcoal grill.
4. Place the seasoned corn beef with the fat side up on the grill on indirect heat.
5. Grill for about an hour.
6. Then check for the internal temperature.(the beef in the video is cooked upto an internal temperature of 120 degrees.
7. Cook the beef till it attains an internal temperature of 185 degrees turning it from time to time for an hour or an hour and a half.
8. Once done, place it in a foil wrap for about 45 minutes to rest to room temperature.
9. Remove and slice along the grain.
10. Serve with some cabbage and baked potatoes.
This video is a creation of BBQMyWay. You can visit BBQMyWay for complete recipes, and more videos.
When one thinks of corned beef, the first thing that comes to mind is that horrible pasty meat they sell in cans. This video will change your perspective of corn beef. Anytime you see corn beef brisket on sale, grab it and try out this recipe. It is so delicious and definitely rivals the Irish classic corn beef and cabbage. The grilled corn beef has a nice smoky taste from the charcoals and is ideal for making hash and sandwiches. A great idea for St. Patrick’s Day or Labor Day weekend!