Roasted Beef Tenderloin
|For marinade and beef|
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed with garlic press|
|Whole beef tenderloin||4 Pound, trimmed (1 In Number)|
|Cracked black peppercorns||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For horseradish-tarragon sauce|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Bottled horseradish||2 Tablespoon, drained (White One)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare marinade: In jumbo (2-gallon) ziptight plastic bag, combine red wine, oil, onion, rosemary, garlic, and bay leaves. Add tenderloin, turning to coat. Seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible. Place bag in shallow baking dish; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove meat from marinade; turn thinner end of meat under to make meat an even thickness. With string, tie tenderloin at 2-inch intervals to help hold its shape. Place peppercorns on waxed paper. Press tenderloin into peppercorns, turning to coat.
3. Place tenderloin on rack in large roasting pan (17" by 11 1/2"); roast until meat thermometer inserted in center of meat reaches 140°F, 40 to 45 minutes. Internal temperature of meat will rise to 145°F (medium) upon standing. Or roast until desired doneness. Transfer tenderloin to warm large platter; let stand 10 minutes to set juices for easier slicing.
4. Meanwhile, prepare horseradish-tarragon sauce: In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, tarragon, horseradish, and mustard; stir until well blended. Cover beef and refrigerate if not serving right away.
5. To serve, remove string and cut tenderloin into slices. Serve with horseradish-tarragon sauce.