|Cleaned fat trimmed oxtail||5 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Pot)|
|Allspice berries||1 Teaspoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned butter beans||16 Ounce, drained, rinsed|
|Red bell pepper||1 (For Garnish)|
|Fresh scallions||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Ginger piece||2 Inch|
|Scotch bonnet pepper||1|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or More To Form Dough)|
1) Wash and trim excess fat of of oxtail
2) In a large bowl, Season generously with Keith's Beef & Oxtail Seasoning ( www.keithlorren.com) , and add soy sauce. allow to marinate over night or for 1 hour
3) Prepare seasoning paste by adding mentioned items in food processor.
3) In a large pot with tight fitting lid, add olive oil and brown oxtail over medium heat. ( about 7 minutes)
4) Add 90% of the seasoning paste, ketchup, and cover. allow to cook for 30 minutes or until oxtail has created its own juices. Add water and milk and simmer on medium temperature for 1.5- 2 hours or until tender. Swirl pot often to prevent sticking.
5) Create dumplings by whisking together flour, salt, sugar. gradually add water and kneed until a soft dough has formed. form dumplings and set aside.
6) When oxtail is tender, Add dumplings. Taste for flavor. Add more Keith's Beef & Oxtail seasoning If necessary. simmer for 15-20 minutes and add butter beans and sliced red bell pepper. Simmer an additional 5-10 minutes.