Beef tenderloin recipes are easy with the help of Chef Tips host Jason Hill. Hill explains how to make a great steak sauce and talks about steak cuts with a recipe that will rival any steak house. Cooking perfect steak will no longer be a mystery with this restaurant recipe. It's the best way to cook a steak.
16 Ounce (2 In Number, 8 Ounce Each)
Fresh cracked pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Mix sauce ingredients (except for shallot and butter) in a bowl and set aside.
To cook Filet Mignon:
2. Preheat pan on high.
3. Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
4. Add steaks and lower heat to medium.
5. Turn steaks after 3-5 minutes.
6. To sear edges, set steaks on their side.
7. Check doneness of the other side after 3-5 minutes. The steaks will continue to cook once you remove them — a term known as carry-over cooking.
8. Remove filet mignons, and using the same pan, add diced shallots to pan.
9. Scrape the meat off the bottom of the pan.
10. Add sauce mix and turn pan back to high.
11. Cook until it has reduced by half.
12. Next, finish the sauce and add 1 tablespoon of butter to the sauce. This will help thicken it a bit more and give the sauce a nice shine.
13. Serve with homemade french fries (pommes frites) and top the prime filet mignon steak with your homemade sauce.