Finger Lickin Ribs
|Ginger ale||12 Ounce (1 can)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Barbecue sauce||16 Ounce (1 bottle)|
1. Preheat the oven to slow (325°).
2. Arrange the spareribs in a baking pan. Pour the ginger ale over the ribs and sprinkle with the onion rings. Cover the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
3. Bake the ribs in the preheated slow oven (325°) for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the ribs are tender. Cool completely. Cut between the ribs so each rib is separated. Wrap the ribs and refrigerate.
4. One hour before serving, remove the ribs from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Brush the ribs with some of the barbecue sauce.
5. Prepare the grill so the coals are medium-hot.
6. Grill the ribs 4 inches from the heat for 10 minutes. Brush the ribs with the barbecue sauce and turn. Grill for 10 minutes longer or until the ribs are well glazed. Pile the ribs into a basket and serve with plenty of paper napkins.
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.3 mg39.1%
Sodium 244.4 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 6% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet