Corned Beef And Cabbage
|Corned beef brisket||5 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Medium)|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, halved|
|Mustard seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cabbage head||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
1. Wipe corned beef well with damp paper towels. Place in large kettle; cover with cold water. Add all ingredients, except cabbage.
2. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Skim.
3. Cover; continue to simmer 3 to 4 hours, or until fork-tender.
4. Add cabbage last 15 minutes.
5. To serve: Remove corned beef and cabbage from liquid. Slice corned beef; arrange on platter with cabbage wedges. Serve with Quick Mustard Sauce.